“The man who wishes to understand himself thoroughly-and not just in accordance with immediate, partial, often superficial, and even illusory standards and measures of his being-he must with his unrest, uncertainty and even his weakness and sinfulness, with his life and death, draw near to Christ.”
– Blessed John Paul II, Redemptor Hominis
In this second part of the introduction to Sister Bernadette’s Living the Legacy series we look at the context of Blessed John Paul II’s theological anthropology – or simply, how Blessed John Paul II has helped us to rediscover who we are in the light of Christ.
Sister Bernadette explores:
• How materialism has obscured our view of God and man
• The consequences of contemporary philosophical views such as reductionism in justifying the objectification of others
• Where man actually derives his dignity and how our understanding of this guides our decisions
• How the Second Vatican Council is helping the Church to communicate its message more effectively in the contemporary world
DOWNLOAD (Right click to save) (23:30mins)
Please feel free to send questions and feedback to Sister Bernadette via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sister Bernadette Pike MG is founding member of the Missionaries of the Gospel, a new community inspired by Blessed John Paul II. The community was founded under the guidance of Perth’s Archbishop Barry Hickey in 2007, incoporating both the John Paul II Sisters and lay members. More information is available at www.mg.org.au.