Usman Rana presents an Islamic perspective on gender equality and the nature and role of parents in a family. In his presentation, he quotes excerpts from the Quran and the life and teachings of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.
In this podcast:
- 1:15: What forms of equality exist around us?
- 5:08: Addressing a few common misconceptions.
- 6:55: An Islamic teaching on equality.
- 11:33: Practical implications from the teaching of Islam.
- 17:16: Islamic perspective on the adult life.
- 25:46: The role of mother and father in the family.
RIGHT-CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (32:42)
This presentation was part of The Christopher Dawson Centre for Cultural Studies’ 2016 Colloquium on the theme “The nature of men and women: complementary but different”, hosted in Hobart, Australia.