Mark Nimo explains what it means to become a Christian, God’s call to repentance, and the freedom we receive through reconciliation with God.
In this podcast:
- 2:50: We’re not born Christian, it is a gift that we receive.
- 5:34: We have a crisis of atheism – not in identification, but in practice.
- 8:05: What does it mean to become a Christian? It’s about accepting the love of God.
- 11:42: The foundations of our faith.
- 19:36: What does repentance mean?
- 23:50: What do we repent from?
- 24:42: What is sin?
- 32:08: The Good News: God has a plan to deal with our sin.
- 38:58: Going to Confession is about freedom and reconciliation.
The first video featured in this talk is “The Marshmellow Test”, which you can find at “The Marshmellow Test” on YouTube.
The second video featured in this talk is “Baggage” by The Skit Guys. To view a preview of the video, head to “Baggage” on YouTube. To download a copy of the video and help support The Skit Guys’ ministry, visit The Skit Guys website.
The Immaculata Mission School 2017 was hosted by the Immaculata Community at the Launceston Church Grammar School in Tasmania.
Music Credit: At the Foot of the Cross – Fr Rob Galea