Mark Nimo explains our need for God, how only God and His words can make us happy, and how he discovered this need in his own life. Mark shares his testimony of crisis and how God came to rescue him from his darkness and attachment to things of the world.
In this podcast:
- 5:44: If we have issues in life, then we got to the author of life.
- 14:16: A simple Kerygma.
- 16:02: “We came from God, God created us out of love”: Why God created us in the Book of Genesis.
- 19:10: Recognising your need for God.
- 21:28: Jesus has come so that we “may have life and have it abundantly.” (cf. John 10:10, ESV)
- 26:41: The meaning of life: Know God, love God, serve God… so that you will be happy.
- 32:52: The Beatitudes: How we can be happy.
- 42:04: Mark’s testimony.
- 46:43: “Have you discovered the meaning of life, or are you just existing?”
- 47:55: Make Jesus the #1 in your life.
Content advisory: This talk discusses sexual content, abortion and suicide. If you or someone you know needs help, contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.
The Immaculata Mission School 2017 was hosted by the Immaculata Community at the Launceston Church Grammar School in Tasmania.
Music Credit: At the Foot of the Cross – Fr Rob Galea