James Parker explains the importance of our feelings, and how we can give Jesus these emotions. James also discusses our continual battle with three types of sin.
Content advisory: This talk contains sexual references, and references to self-harm.
In this podcast:
- 0:22: God is at work in Australia.
- 3:33: God wants our heart, so we need to know our own hearts. We need to be real about our feelings.
- 8:20: We can come before Jesus with our feelings. There are “redeemed” and “unredeemed” feelings.
- 12:10: Attention: The experience of a gaze is integral, especially the gaze of God.
- 15:01: Affirmation: Jesus was affirmed by the Father at two key events in His life – His Baptism and His Transfiguration. We too need to affirm one another.
- 17:39: Affection: The importance of touch.
- 20:05 Our battle with three intertwined strands of sin: original, ancestral and social.
- 24:11: Ancestral sin – Reoccurring sin in families.
- 28:03: Social or cultural sin – Problems arising since “the Enlightenment”.
- 46:42: “Don’t be fearful of your emotions.”
The Immaculata Mission School 2017 was hosted by the Immaculata Community at the Launceston Church Grammar School in Tasmania.
Music Credit: At the Foot of the Cross – Fr Rob Galea