In this presentation, Fr Mark Podesta explores marriage from a canon law perspective. Fr Mark provides some valuable insights on how Catholic thinkers might address the contemporary push for same-sex marriage. He also outlines how changes in civil law regarding same-sex marriage, adoption or gender fluidity will impact the Catholic Church.
In this podcast:
- 2:20: What is God’s intention for humanity?
- 4:04: Relativism and it’s dangers.
- 6:51: Freedom
- 8:09: What is freedom in the Australian Constitution and how does it differ from freedom in the American Constitution?
- 12:36: What is the Christian understanding of freedom?
- 20:31: How do we address the push for same-sex marriage in contemporary society today?
- 25:44: How might changes in civil law impact the Catholic Church?
- 30:22: What’s the way forward for us?
RIGHT-CLICK TO DOWNLOAD (36:08)
This presentation was part of The Christopher Dawson Centre for Cultural Studies’ 2016 Colloquium on the theme “The nature of men and women: complementary but different”, hosted in Hobart, Australia.