James Parker bravely shares his testimony and experiences of childhood trauma, sexual abuse, same-sex attraction through to a deepening love for God that subsequently lead to deep healing and conversion. James also shares some ways in which we may learn from our own traumas and how we can receive deep healing from our own habits.
Content advisory: This talk discusses pornography and sexual abuse.
In this podcast:
- 3:24: Plunged into shame, pornography and being sexually abused.
- 19:14: University years: living the gay lifestyle, involvement in the gay community and hungering for God.
- 24:12: An experience at a Life in the Spirit seminar and an early movement towards conversion.
- 31:39: And the walls came tumbling down.
- 37:17: How did God bring about a sense of restoration and healing?
- 48:28 Working at the Vatican, ongoing healing and forgiveness.
The Immaculata Mission School 2017 was hosted by the Immaculata Community at the Launceston Church Grammar School in Tasmania.
Music Credit: At the Foot of the Cross – Fr Rob Galea