James Parker explores the stages of development from birth and early childhood to adolescence, and how our experience of love at these stages affects our formation as people. James explores each of these important stages in regards to what is required of parents, the important and unique role of the father and mother, and why we can build up defences to push people away.
In this podcast:
- 0:15: A brief recap: God’s love for you.
- 12:07: Shame and the need to have Mary in your heart.
- 14:56: Four different words for love.
- 20:10: Stages of Development; the walls and towers within and what they look like.
- 21:59: The healthy vs the unhealthy.
- 28:30: Oedipus Complex and the important role of the father.
- 31:40: Electra Complex and the importance of the mother.
- 33:03: Stage One of Development: Early childhood.
- 37:10: Stage Two of Development: Primary school years and the need for all four loves.
- 41:57: Stage Three of Development: Puberty, change and discovering the other.
- 48:30: The Latter Stages of Development: 18-40, 40-60, 60+
The Immaculata Mission School 2017 was hosted by the Immaculata Community at the Launceston Church Grammar School in Tasmania.
Music Credit: At the Foot of the Cross – Fr Rob Galea